Goals of the course
The course is designed for professionals and enthusiasts who wish to deepen their knowledge of Italian cuisine
, its techniques and its traditions.
The programme includes 15 lessons
of 4 hours each and 5 different activities
such as food tours and tastings. The lessons are theoretical and practical and are offered in our laboratory-kitchen where the students, together with the chef, can prepare complete menus of four or five courses
is the core of each lesson so that students can share the habits, cooking and eating ways of people who love to talk about food and not just at the table.
Just like an Italian family
, at home or in a 'trattoria', students will taste the typical products and prepare the milestones of the tradition
that everyone knows.
The lessons focus on first courses, the cereal-based dishes that are the pivot of Mediterranean cuisine
. Menus rotate around these recipes that give the opportunity to learn more about cooking methods and techniques of the various vegetables, meat and fish.
- Oil, tomato, dried pasta, stews
- Sauté, dried pasta, basic condiments
- Egg pasta, butter, fats, minced meat
- Stocks, boiled meat, stuffed pasta
- Risotto, rice, tripes
- Soups, gnocchi, pestos, legumes, polenta, vegetables
- Pizza, salami, cheeses, sandwiches, ice cream
- Italy in a jar, preserves and specialities
- Northern Italy
- Central Italy
- Southern Italy
- The fried food from north to south
- Along the coast, fish and seafood
- At the bakery
- At the pastry shop
The price per person is 3,200.00 Euros and includes ingredients and recipes for the lessons, the uniform (jacket, hat and apron) as well as the five activities.