- 1/2 lb (250 gr) lean part of pork, in dices
- 5 oz (150 gr) Parma ham, thinly sliced
- 7 oz (200 gr) mortadella di Bologna, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (60 gr) grated Parmezan cheese
- 1 egg
- Nutmeg to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Home-made pasta made with 5 eggs and 1,5 lb (650 gr) flour
In a non sticking pan, or with a little of butter, seal/r the pork, cook for a couple of minutes, add the salt and let it cool. Process the pork, add all the salami and process together. Taste salt and pepper, add the egg, the Parmezan cheese and the nutmeg. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 h. Meanwhile roll-out the pasta and cut into squares.
Shape the filling in to balls and form the tortellini.
TIP: If you want to fry them put 3 of them in a wooden screwer and deep fry in hot peanut oil until golden. Place on kitchen paper to drain the excess of oil before serving.